1. Personal Data we collect
Our relationship with you is based on trust. It is our policy to give you a private web browsing experience. At the checkout area of our site, you will be required to register with us. At this point we do collect personal information about you. This information can identify you and includes details such as your name, mail address and email address. This information is passed from your browser to our secure server using 128-bit encryption technology to ensure that all personal and transactional information is protected to the highest standards. The information is held in our secure database. We may contact you either by post, email or telephone. Primarily as customer service following up on any issues with an order or to answer any questions you may have.
You may also provide us your personal data through this website when you:
- When you purchase a product by phone
- When you order our catalogue or swatches
- When you sign up for our email newsletter
- When you apply for a trade account with us by filling our B2B form
- When you fill "Design your way" customized product request form
- When you engage with us on social media
- When you contact us by any means with queries
- When you enter prize draws or competitions
Our website includes links to third-party websites. We currently link to Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest throughout our website. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. Use of the Personal Data
Your information will enable us to provide you with access to all parts of www.linenme.com and to supply the goods or services you have requested. It will also enable us to bill you and to contact you, where necessary concerning your orders. We will also use and analyze the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business.
Examples of how we use information held about you include:
- To process any orders that you make on our website. If we don't collect your personal data during checkout, we won't be able to process and deliver your order and comply with legal obligations. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you send enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To listen to recorded telephone conversations for internal staff training.
- To send you relevant communications by email or post in relation to updates, products and services. We'll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest. You are free to opt out of hearing from us by email any time.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you.
3. Disclosure of your Personal Data
We may have to share your personal data with the third parties for the purposes outlined in '2.Use of the Personal Data'
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
In order to protect your privacy we will:
- Only provide the information necessary to perform their specific services
- Only use their data for the exact purpose we specify in our contract with them
- Work closely with them to ensure their privacy is respected and protected at all times
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
4. How we protect your Personal Data and how long we keep it
The security of your personal data is very important to us and we are committed to treating it with the utmost care, taking all appropriate steps to protect it.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Access to your personal data is password-protected. We don't store any your financial details (debit and credit card numbers).
We secure access to all transactional areas of our website using 'https' technology. We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
5. What are your rights over your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com
To opt out from email marketing please click on the unsubscribe link featured at the bottom of each marketing email we send.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.